Tuesday 7 August 2012

Emporium Bridal Expo Recap (Part 1)


Last Friday and Saturday were great days for future brides and wedding enthusiasts as Zimbabwean wedding vendors came out of hiding and gave us a great event. The expo was held on the 27th and the 28th of July 2012. Hosted by the Wedding Emporium, it made me realise that we’re stepping up our game when it comes to weddings. The previous generation’s view on weddings is being replaced by our own. Brides and grooms are now taking control of their day and fulfilling their vision for their special day!  I’ve decided to write my review outlining my personal experience with the exhibitors. I’ve added their contact details for those who’ll want to work with them.
Venues
These are the venues that exhibited. I unfortunately could not take pictures, but their stands were gorgeous!
1.   
           Bliss Garden and Hiring services
The event coordinator, Rutendo, was representing the above venue. I fell in love with her immediately, not only because we share the same name J. She knew her job, and was very professional. She is very accommodating, and is someone you’d want to work with. Not only is it a garden venue, they also do decor and equipment hire.
Address: 10 Elsworth Avenue, Belgravia (off 2nd str. Ext)
                        Cnr Huyton and Pringle Road, Mandara
Tel: (+263) 4 795144, 795162, 795067
Cell: 0773 215 343
Email:partybitz@bliss.co.zw
2.       Wild Geese Lodge
The representative for Wild Geese Lodge was a treat to talk to. I got to the stand, and had no idea what to ask her. She must have sensed my trepidation, cause she got up and started to ask me various questions and told me about their venue. By the time she was finished, I had all the important details of their venue and how they coordinate events. From my first impression, they’re great to work with if you need people who can pre-empt you, and will do above what you ask them to do.

Address: 2 Buckland Lane, Teviotdale, Harare, Zimbabwe
                         Tel/Fax: +263 4 2930379, 2917977-9
                         Tellular: +263 772 145 103
                         Email: events@wildgeese.co.zw
                         Web: www.wildgeeselodge.com

3.       Dunhu Ramambo
Dunhu Ramambo consists of 3 lodges: Chengeta, Pamuzinda and Umbozha Houseboats. Not only can they be wedding venues, they also can double as honeymoon getaways. They sound great for those couples who wanna get away, but don’t want to travel too far.

Cell: +263 772 573 022 or +263 772 568 832
                        headoffice@dunhuramambo.com
                        reservations@pamuzinda.com

4.       Pamvura-By the Water
I had no idea this venue existed until I went to the Weddings Wow Stand! I thank God for events like these. Pamvura is located on the North Shore of Lake Chivero. I can imagine weddings by the water, pun intended, and Zimbo versions of beach weddings! I’m not too sure about kid-friendliness though...

Tel: +263 4 2930234
 Cell: +263 774 077 600

P.S: From the people that give you Pamvura, also give you  the African tree of Life, a metal baobab tree that has glasses filled with a signature cocktail for leaves. I thought that was such a creative idea! For those who want to add a bit of novelty to their cocktail hour, this is the way to go!

Photography
1.     
            Precious Memories Photography
I did not manage to speak to the owner of this company, but from the flier I saw, they must be brilliant. They also do special event and studio photography.
Bridget Doran
Mobile: +263 772 415 590

2.       Wild & Wonderful Photography
They do Weddings, Bridal Photography, Portraits, corporate functions, special events, wildlife, and so on. Again, I did not manage to see their work, but from their flyer, they must be good!
Mobile: +263 774 935 185

Phew! Here’s a little snippet of what I experienced, and I hope future brides will find this helpful. Look out for Part 2, where I give you details on where you can get dresses, as well as decor and flowers.
 This is a review based on first impressions, not personal experience; if any brides have had personal experiences with these vendors, we’d love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment